Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May 4, 2011







After Mom arrived last Thursday she was pretty tired, so she slept a lot over the weekend. Sunday Mom looked pretty good, she had color in her face, and seemed more awake, opening her eyes a bit. We wished she was more alert, and would open her eyes more. She opens her eyes for a few minutes here and there, in and out of sleep. (In Vegas her eyes were open when she did physical therapy, and periodically throughout the day - since the move up here her eyes haven't been open as much.) Her right leg and arm move a lot, I think she's tired of just lying there. She was retested for MRSA and they found she doesn't have it. We are so glad! Mom does following commands, whether squeezing your hand, giving thumbs up, or whatever the nursing staff asks, which is what she was doing in Vegas.


When I visited Mom today she was sitting up, which is part of her physical therapy, for about an hour. Good job Mom! After physical therapy she gets really tired, and sleeps for a while. The nurse said mom was more responsive today. Fantastic! The hospital staff keeps her busy with occupational therapy, speech therapy, and physical therapy during the morning 5 days a week. We are happy for the small steps she makes in her journey to recover.



Baby Eric found her glowing finger fascinating (oxygen monitor) and kept trying to grab it! Silly baby! Mom/Grandma held his hand for a minute. We love you Mom!







4 comments:

  1. Mom, GREAT JOB!!!
    You are getting there. I visit mom almost daily, I love to give her facials!!! I sure she really enjoys this! I ask her to wash her face and she will wash her face....Yay!!! I will help because she gets tired easily. I soap up her face and wash it off real well after wards. She likes this so much, that it usually will put her sleep!!! :) I think she is doing great!!!

    The kids visited on Monday night! They really enjoyed seeing grandma and being able to be there with her. They all took turns rubing grandma's hands and feet with lotion. Knowing grandma.....she LOVED it!!

    WE LOVE YOU MOM!!! You can do this :) Keep fighting to open your eyes and get stronger!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I make arrangements to visit your mom? I don't know who or how to contact you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contact me to visit mom! Thanks- Becky 801-369-4152

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to wish Aunt Nancy a Happy Mother's Day! and pray that she will continue to get stronger. Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete