Wow! Mom was alert the whole hour and fifteen minutes I was there. My hands were freezing cold today, and she kept grabbing them and putting them on her face. I asked the nurse to check and see if she had a temperature if that is why she was hot. The nurse checked and no she didn't have a temperature. I finally got mom to let go of my hands and she helped me wash her face and then took the rag and laid it across her forehead. She apparently was hot! As I put lotion on her hands, feet, and elbows she watched me move around the room. Eric kept being noisy - I sure hope she doesn't mind - I don't think she would. Eric loved the balloons Peter & Kathy gave mom for Mother's Day! (Thanks guys that entertained him while I was with mom.)
As I was about to leave the Physical Therapist came in and started working with Mom. I stayed a bit longer and watched them sit her up on the edge of her bed. They said she was doing much better. They are trying to strengthen her core muscles so eventually she will be able to sit up on her own. They were working on movement and strengthening of the right side, and then they were going to do the left side. They said later they would sit her in the chair for an hour or two.
She still has a ways to go, but I am grateful for the little bit of progress today!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT NANCY PLEASE CONTACT:
BRENT @ 801-636-3899
OR
BECKY @ 801-369-4152
No comments:
Post a Comment