Yesterday the doctors felt that since Mom was doing so well that it was time to remove her trach. Peter said she was speaking last night, apologizing for getting sick. When I visited with her today she said she was ready to go home. I assured her we'd get her home as soon as we could! She apologized to me for getting sick. It was so good to have her communicating with us! I think she is happy about being able to communicate too! Jenni and I asked her about her vision she said she could see with her left eye, which is great news because doctors were concerned about her vision in the left eye due to the stroke. We are thrilled about the progress the past few days. I think she will be staying in this facility a few more weeks. We are glad because we know the staff there. Once she is moved it will be to an in-patient rehab, and then eventually home. Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers, and love! They are really helping her! We really appreciate all family, friends, and neighbors are doing!
This is wonderful news!! Thank you all for keeping us posted.
ReplyDeleteSending our love!