I visited mom today and she was resting when I arrived. She opened her eyes and I came in and held her hand for a few minutes. She then shifted her pillows around and just rested. I know she was faithful in reading her scriptures and Ensign. So I took the Ensign and read her an article today. After I finished I got up to check on Eric and she watched me. I talked to the nurse today and she still has the button on her trach since yesterday. The button is just a cap at the end of the trach. They said that she is doing so well with it that they may remove the trach tomorrow, but would have to see. With the progress she has made they think in the next week or so that she will be able to move to a Rehab Center as an inpatient, at another facility. We are waiting to hear final word from the doctors and insurance. She had physical and occupational therapy before I got there, so she was a bit tired. She has been a bit constipated and has a tummy ache today. - She'd probably shoot me for saying that. shh!
The nurse came in to check her and move her (rearrange pillows and such), and when she was done - Eric (my baby 7mo) was tired, starting to get fussy. I asked mom if she needed anything before I left and she nodded her head yes (- again just a slight movement). She indicated she wanted a drink, I gave her a few ice chips. Then got her comfortable, pillows all arranged, blanket on. She grabbed my arm and started to write on it with her finger, I grabbed the pen and paper - and she wrote - Pray for me - and then she wrote - put my name in the temple. I told her I would, and that I loved her. She started to cry. Made me almost cry to. Then she wrote - I love you too. Oh I know she does. So my I just echo her words to pray for her and put her name in the temple!
That is GREAT NEWS!! We will continue praying for Her, I know the family have put her name in the Temple. When our Temple re-opens David and I will put Her name in also. Tell Aunt Nancy that we love Her and that we have Faith that all will be well.
ReplyDeleteHugs & Kisses!!
Love Silvia