Saturday, October 15, 2011

Out Patient Therapy at Utah Valley Specialty Hospital

Dear Friends,
I went back to this hospital for out patient therapy last week. I met the therapists that worked with me when I was a patient there. Abe, my therapist, tried the BioNess Unit on my hand. He helped me to stack cones and blocks with my left hand. Since I haven't used my left hand for 6 months I was really excited to get it moving again!!!! Since Abe mostly works with in- patients only, the Hospital assigned a new therapists to meet with me next week. :(

I next met with a new therapist, Reubin, who used the BioNess Unit on my left leg. He was unable to place the electrodes on my leg to help my foot to walk without rolling on its side. When my foot rolls on its side, I fall. He tried again and again but was unable to help me walk, soon my time was up. I was disappointed after the therapists at the University of Utah was able to helped me to walk on my left leg with the unit. I have appointments for the rest of the month so I'm hoping we have some success.

Reuben said that scientists have found improvement in stroke victims 10 years after a stroke. That was nice to here. I am continuing my exercises and walking daily hoping that the neurons in my brain reconnect soon. I am grateful for the help I'm receiving in rehab and for the support and prayers of family members, good friends and neighbors. I feel your prayers!!!

One of my favorite conference talks was: The Transforming Power of Faith and Character, by Richard G. Scott, October Conference 2011, and the quote: "We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become each day."
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment