Thursday, September 8, 2011

Electrical Muscle Simulation

When we visited University of Utah concerning BioNess, and their device didn't work on my hand, they said they would use other therapies such as EMS (Electrical Muscle Simulation) to get my fingers working and then go back to BioNess. EMS is an internationally accepted way of treating muscle injuries by sending electronic pulses to the muscle needing treatment (this causes the muscle to exercise passively). Brent took me to BioNess and watched how the therapist set the electrodes on my hand. Since we have a LG TEC ELITE unit at home or (EMS) that Brent uses on his neck he began this week to use it on my hand. HOORAY!!!! all my fingers are beginning to move :).............. Thanks for all your prayers, please keep them coming.

I went to the Dentist this week, my most unfavorite place to go. Brent was concerned about cavities after so long in the hospital asleep and not brushing my teeth. ANOTHER BLESSING. No cavities!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nancy, I love hearing that you are recovering so well. I wish I was back in Provo so I could come visit. I had baby #2 back in June. Check out our blog for some of his cute pictures:

    danielandkaritandberg.blogspot.com

    Our prayers are with you. Best wishes!
    Kari Tandberg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I am glad you don't have any cavities either. I love you mom! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari it is fun to see your family. Thanks for leaving a comment.

    Julie Thanks for commenting!

    I enjoy reading your comments!

    ReplyDelete