Having therapists coming to my home is ending--basically I've progressed enough under them to begin out patient therapy. I can be left home alone for a few hours a day. With the therapists gone it's up to me, my family and CNA's, to continue my exercises to progress.
I'm back to making dinner again. The rehab occupational therapist was unhappy with me when I refused to cook. I told her I've cook for Brent for 40 years, now it's his turn to cook. Brent takes such good care of me, I started cooking again to help ease the burden on Brent.
Recently my grandson, Braden, organized his young men's group to help my family unload our rental storage shed. We moved our food storage and other things we weren't using there when we put our house up for sale last year. Since we decided not to move, it was time to eliminate that expense. With Braden's help and his ward they emptied that storage unit in one hour. My kids were helping too, We divided up the wheat, beans, and rice and sent this home with my children and kept just enough for 2 people. It's nice to have that done :).
Last night Brent and I went to the Hale Center Theatre to watch the "Drowsy Chaperone."
I was unaware that they had a wheel chair access. There was a young man from our ward in the play and that was a treat to see him perform. The play was cute.
It sounds like you're doing wonderful! You and Uncle Brent continue to be in our prayers.
ReplyDelete