There hasn’t been much news lately, so I haven’t written much. I’ve been going to therapy at Utah Valley Specialty Clinic and the therapists have been working on increasing my ability on my left side to hold my weight without me compensating by extending my hip out on the right side to help me balance. I didn’t know there was such a science to walking correctly until you loose that ability. My daughters still come every day to help me with their babies and those little ones make it look so easy to manipulate their body to work.
One thing they are stressing is for me to get out of my wheelchair and walk more. I decided to call my brother, David, and ask about my father’s walker. Since I never saw Dad use it, I didn’t know what kind he had. The blue walker I found (outside the ward’s garbage can) has 2 wheels and 2 tennis balls that makes it hard to turn while walking in the house. When I had gotten home from therapy, I had a message from my niece. She had been to Vegas to visit her parents and David had sent her home with my father’s walker for me. I called my niece and she came over. She brought my Dad’s walker that has 4 wheels on it which makes it a lot easier to maneuver in the house and I can turn around and sit on the seat when I am tired and need to rest (which the blue walker didn’t have).
My friends at ORCA (Office of Research & Creative Activities) came last week and brought me the Christmas book (President Monson’s talks) that was handed out to employees. That was a pleasant surprise to visit with them and get caught up on what was happening in the office. I was also shocked to receive the book since I didn’t work very much this year. I’ve started reading the book and it is very good and inspiring.
Brent and I went shopping last night and the stores are so crazy and busy. Most of them are not handicap friendly with the crowds and products blocking the passageways. We quite after an hour and I decided I’d leave it to Brent this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment